Tuesday, February 24, 2009

We Will Overcome, One Day At A Time


It's been some time now since I last wrote. Honestly, I was wondering what to write as I don’t believe in just ‘another’ article. When I write, I picture each of you reading each word that’s written. There was so much to write about and there is so much to write about.

I have decided to write today because I believe that most of us, if not all of us, have in some way or the other been affected by the global meltdown. I am affected. Added to this, each of us is dealing with challenges on the personal and family front. Yes….it’s pretty tough out there and I wouldn’t like to pretend otherwise. I know of many people and families who are actually trying to survive and believe you me, I am not trying to be dramatic here.

For those of us who are not yet affected, we have to be so very grateful. Yet, I’m pretty sure there is the ghost of uncertainty that keeps creeping up in our head from time to time.

What can one do at times like these? My humble advice…..

It is said that ‘many hands make light work’. Likewise, I am confident that many positive words, deeds, thoughts and hands that reach out to help our neighbor(s) will help make our strife lighter. Yes, you read that one right, our strife lighter. So reach out and extend your hand to meet your neighbour’s. In fact, actually open your ears, heart and mind to members of your family. It’s important to keep things simple, ‘believe’ and take one day at a time. Hang in there….there is always the morrow. And even if tomorrow is worse off than today, there is the day after. Eventually, each of us will overcome, one day at a time.

For those of you who believe in God, God be with you always. For those of you who don’t, the universe will take care of you.


You are free to email me at ivanrodrigues777@yahoo.com. I can promise you one thing – I may not be able to offer much, but I can definitely offer you my time. And a smile and prayer from the bottom of my heart.

I wish you positive energy coupled with abundance and love.

ivan rodrigues

4 comments:

Katherine Mikshenas said...

Thank you so much Ivan for sharing such profound wisdom. I believe that no act of kindness is too little. Sometimes it is the little things we do that can have great positive effect on a troubling situation. We may not be able to help someone find another job but we can visit them or call them or even send a card. Just knowing someone cares really can lighten and brighten someone's day. God bless all that are struggling. May angels bring you to the right people that you can be blessed and strengthened to bless someone else.

Ivan Rodrigues said...

Katherine, I couldn't agree more. You have put it so well in your comment above. Thank you for your response to this post - your words are like a soothing balm to many, including me.

God bless,

ivan.

Wonderer said...

Ivan,

I have discovered your blog through LinkedIn.. I am truly touched by what you write..

The postive vibes that you bring out in writing is wonderful..

Thank you.. You have made a difference in my day..

Ivan Rodrigues said...

Hi Chaitoo,

Thank you for our kind words.

God bless,

Ivan
P.S. You made my day too :-)